Saturday 27 February 2021

An Exciting Week Back

 Ooooooh it feels good to be back!

School just isn't the same without students! We've missed seeing each other, and boy, have we had some exciting things going on this week!

On Tuesday we got to strap on some gloves, and learn some really cool boxing techniques from our instructor Pax - we've all agreed to never use these skills on each other though, it's just a great way to stay fit (and let out a little energy before class!). I think I might have caught Paulah by surprise though!



Wednesday saw Mr Hughes, and about 50 Year 5,6,7 & 8 Pt England students go on a little adventure down to Dunkirk Reserve - the reason? We had a softball tournament to take part in! It was a super fun day, and even though we weren't keeping scores, we had a ton of fun! We got some sun, got soaked by some sprinklers and smashed a couple of home runs! I'd call that a successful outing for us! 




Thursday took us by surprise! We were being paid a visit by someone very special. In fact she is the only one of her kind in New Zealand! That's right... our Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern came by to say hello thanks to some very well written letters by Room 21, and Mrs Moala. Make sure you stop by their blog to see what they've been up to and leave some positive comments!

Here's an interview, with the PM herself, conducted by Room 4's wonderful Aye Myat, and Nadia. How cool are they! Takes some serious skill to do that, especially in front of the audience they had!


Friday snuck up on us super quick, but it meant one thing, and one thing only! Pt England was headed to the beach! It was time for us to gather up our bags, our lunches, and our whanau to make the long (200m) walk down to the beach for a day filled with swimming, sports, and lots of adults standing in line for something called "coffee"!

I'll make sure to share highlights from that in our next post!

Make sure you're not a stranger! If you took the time to read this, spare a couple more seconds and leave us some positive comments. We love hearing from you guys!!




6 comments:

  1. Hi Pt England school my name is Santanna and I am from Waikowhai Primary School. WOW I can't believe you meet the prime Minister Jacinda Ardern. Maybe next time you can say how you felt and make the writing a bit bigger. I if you want you can check my blog. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, my name is Taufa and I am a Year 5 student in Manukau at Waikowhai School. I really like how you guys were playing sports because I love to play sports sometimes. It made me think of Maybe playing another sport not baseball maybe like rugby . Have you thought about play a harder sport game? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is https://wpstewakaako.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pt England School my name is Caleb and I am from Waikowhai Primary School. I liked how you learnt boxing because it reminded me about learning how to Wrestle. Maybe next time you could use bigger letter size because it was hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Pt England School.
    My name is Sual. I am a student in Manukau at Waikowhai School.
    I can't Believe you meet Jacinda Ardern!
    Something you could do differently is to make the font bigger because it hard to read.
    Thanks so much for sharing your learning, I would love you to visit my blog at https://wpssualy.blogspot.com/
    I really liked your sharing, blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora, my name is Valerie and I am a Year 5 in Te Waka Ako at Waikowhai School. I really liked the question about how Jacinder felt about being NZ's priminister. It made me think about helping other people a lot more so nobody will starve. Have you thought about giving Jacinder a tour around the school? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is http://tewakaako.blogspot.co.nz.
    I enjoyed listening to your interview.

    ReplyDelete